Saturday, December 17, 2011

Alicia Install Guide

I was surprised to see how popular Alicia has become. I didn't expect western audience would be appealed towards an online horse racing game and simulation like this one. It's been a very long time since I visited Alicia so I installed the game again and noticed so many improvements and new features.

For this special day and maybe an early Christmas gift from me, I'll treat you with a step-by-step tutorial on how to install and play Alicia. But, you'll need to get past the first step in order to proceed though.


[Step 1]


The is the most important step to determine whether you can play or not. To create an account, it is required to have a valid Korean name and KSSN (Korean Social Security Number). Without it, you cannot continue forward to step 2.


[Step 2]

You have to change the system locale to Korean. To do this on any Windows 7 operating system, click on start and type "region" to access "Region and Language" quicker.


Under the "Administrative" tab, click on "Change system locale". Scroll through the drop-down list and select "Korean (Korea)". Once you click ok, you'll be asked to reboot the computer.


[Step 3]


Next, download the client first while you go through this process to get started. You may download the client from their download page if you want to, but if you live far away from South Korea, then it might take you over an hour to finish. I have provided this file locally that you can download from either Megaupload or Mediafire.

Megaupload DL: 1
Mediafire DL: 1 2 3 4 5


[Step 4]


Sign-in from the main page and click "Game Start".


When you click "Game Start" for the first time, you'll be treated with a message to download the Gametree Launcher. Select ok, download, and run the .exe file. After installing, reload the page (F5) and click "Game Start" again to continue.

At a certain point in time, you may see this page when you log-in. You are free to change your password or click on the button located on the bottom right corner to do it next time. This screen will pop up from time to time so you'll get another chance just in case.


[Step 5]


Next up is creating your character after clicking "Game Start". This is self-explanatory on what to do such as picking gender, eyes, mouth, different sizes, and voice. After that, you'll pick a name that will be shown in the game.


[Step 6]

In order to play, you must be logged in from the site and click on "Game Start" to launch the game.


After you click "Game Start" it'll take to the next screen where it'll boot up the game. Be patient if it doesn't launch immediately and do not close that page until the game boots up.


Let the launcher download all the latest updates. This could take awhile. If you get an error once it finishes, try restarting the launcher again or reboot the computer until it works.


Now you're ready to play.


[Getting Started Tips]

Basic Controls
Sliding/Drifting: [Shift]
Jump: [Z]
Use Item: [X]
Move: [Arrow Keys]


Minor translation on the menus to know where to go. Click on the thumbnail image to enlarge.


To unlock offline mode, you'll need to complete some of the tutorial sections first before you can play it.

If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me at rich@peperoholic.com or the comment box below. Any mentions regarding social security numbers in the comment box will be removed.

13 comments:

Played this before but not anymore, really good game.

And we are too owned T_T
Wanted to play it so badly...

Maybe not too owned much longer. *wink wink*

Tip: use a program called Applocale you can set language packs to certain programs, I use that for Pangya JP that way i dont need to change the whole system to Japanese xD

I don't understand Korean at all so I'm totally demotivated (along with the whole KSSN crap) so I hope that at least they bring this game to Japan if not US. At least then I'll be able to understand what's going on x3 Thanks for the post though I'm sure many will find it useful!

Hey ! I've done most of the job but I'm stuck at Step n°6. I have a different launcher : http://puu.sh/bd4A
What can I do ?

You are on the right track. All you have to do is let it sit there on that launcher and it'll load the game up. I'll have to edit that screenshot, because that's not the right launcher. I'll edit it later.

Ok, thank you for the quick answer, I'll try that !

is it coming out in the usa???? DX i wanna play this game badly

ive been playing awhile now lvl 32, dun quite understand the daily mission and the achievement too

I'm reading this because my Alicia game launcher was erased after my computer broke down. xD Here goes nothing! *cross fingers*

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...