Friday, February 17, 2012

Blazblue Extend Preparation

The American release of Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend has been released this week. For those that are new to Blazblue that wants to jump in may be confused on where to get started. Luckily enough, Extend will include all the old contents and even old story modes where you won't need to buy any previous released versions.

Xbox 360 & PS3 console releases
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (7/2/09) --> BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (7/29/10) --> BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (2/14/12)

PSP releases
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (3/11/10) --> BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II (6/2/11) --> BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (May 2012 - Japan)

3DS release
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II (6/2/11)

Vita release
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (2/14/12)



BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Additions
+ Rebalanced characters again
+ Relius Clover as a new fighter
+ New story scenarios with new characters, but still uses original Continuum Shift story mode
+ New modes such as "Unlimited Mars" "Abyss" and new "Legion"
+ Online mode features the new Team Battles
+ Old DLC color palettes and old announcer voices can be unlocked for free
+ Old DLC characters are all included in Extend
+ Future DLC will have more new announcers

Extend is more of an expansion pack so it isn't a huge leap from Continuum Shift, but the biggest deal is the rebalanced characters for someone like me that I've been waiting for. Almost all the characters feels stronger than their previous versions and I look forward to see how I adapt to these new changes.


Anyone that wants to challenge against my Ragna and Hazama can feel free to add me (Sweatdrop) on Playstation 3. I haven't practiced much for awhile, but that will all change very soon though. I'll be streaming most of my online matches on twitch.tv.


Don't worry Platinum, give me some time and I'll be able to use you more effectively. There may be other characters I plan to try out too.

6 comments:

So...... BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend has all the content from ALL previous titles? So, its like a bundle of 1 and 2 + dlc? Thats great! :)
Also, is there an european release date (for the ps3 version~)?

Yeah, there's no reason to get the old Blazblue games since Extend will have them all plus free old DLCs. They condensed Calamity Trigger's story down, but the storyline from Continuum Shift is exactly the same.

With a quick google search, EU comes out on the 22nd this month.

I am not all that good, but I suppose I will add you on PSN, since it would be nice to actually be able to fight someone. None of my friends want to bother with getting Extend. *shrug*

Playing ranked matches seems like I run into people that plays nothing but Blazblue. But hey, feel free to add me. I should be playing a lot more online if other games won't hinder me down.

Ah, well I hardly ever play ranked matches. I'm not bad, but I don't stand a chance against most dustloop inspired combos.

All right, I will add you once I can get around to turning my PS3 on, should be tonight as I need to mess with Neptune Mk2 a bit. Lol

I'll be getting it naturally. Once things are settled I'll be online more often.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...