Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TERA Online Incoming

The Exiled Realms of Arborea or TERA for short has been under my radar ever since I laid eyes on its amazing visuals. As a casual console gamer, I've never played MMORPGs like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars where this would make it a new and interesting experience for me.

The game has been out in Korea for quite awhile, and North America has revealed closed beta dates, early pre-orders, and an official release date on May 1st.


Closed Beta Testing Times
CBT 1: February 10 ~ 12
CBT 2: February 24 ~ 26
CBT 3: March 9 ~ 11
CBT 4: March 23 ~ 25
CBT 5: April 6 ~ 8

Closed beta registrations are located here where you input your e-mail address and hope that you are selected from one of the five beta sessions. If you preordered, you have access to all five testing times.

Open Beta Testing Times
OBT 6: April 19 ~ 22

This will be open to everyone that has signed up.

Pre-Order Early Start Times
Head Start: April 28 ~ May 1

This is exclusive to those who preordered the game that can get a few days head start.



The game will be released on the same day on my birthday~ I went ahead and preordered the game on this site for $49.99 and I'll be gaining access to all beta times that I can begin this Friday.


On my account settings, I can proceed to download the client and then install the entire contents when I launch the game.


Once it finished, the file size reached to 17 gbs, and I know that it'll continue to get even higher too when further content becomes available.

I will be writing up my report when each beta session ends to let you know my reaction towards a new online multiplayer game I've never experienced before.

9 comments:

Already subscribed to the BETA on Europe side, so I guess it won't hurt to do the same thing here.

Looking forward to your reviews about Tera. I really want to try it up and/or get some opinions about it. I've been playing mmorpgs for years in the past (mostly RO though), but I've never bought something that requires a monthly fee (the game would really have to be worth it imo). Hope you'll bring good news !

I play this game because of its yummy lolis

Nice to see someone else who is interested in this game as well! I am too, fascinated by the graphics of this game, and since i saw the teaser while wandering trhough Youtube, I wanted to play it. I don't know about the monthly fee, though. Need To play a little first to gat the experience so I can see if It's all that i imagined!

The way I see it, the monthly fee of $15 a month isn't too bad compared to another free-to-play game where you somehow manage to spend that amount accidentally and most of the time come out with nothing.

I prefer this system as well, even though I've never done it before.
Games like Pangya make you spend more than $15 bucks a month (or more than $180 a year) before you know it.

Did you sign up on the European server to increase the chances of you beta testing, or you plan to play on that server if you do decide to play the game?

Some people I've talked to said my current video card is ancient old right now. So I found a video card to upgrade from and I suppose I should see a large difference? http://www.hwcompare.com/10913/radeon-hd-4650-1gb-vs-radeon-hd-6670-oem-1gb/

Right now I can only log into the game's title screen, and I've noticed the frame rate is stuttering a bit.

So I've ordered this card yesterday and I should get it on the same day when closed-beta starts. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150576

I signed on both, yea. I don't know which one I'd choose and I wouldn't mind anywhere (though probably one with dollars as currency, because it may be cheaper for me. Latency may be an issue if the server is far though).

Tera is one of those games I'm kind of on the fence about. I mean I do want to play it but honestly I don't know if I'd have the time for it. Once I upgrade (either getting a new comp or at the very least a good graphic card) I'll make my final decision before it releases.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...