Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Fighting Team

Back in 2010, I sensed that the fighting genre was being revitalized with a lineup of new games coming out and this year is no exception either. I've been training myself in a few fighting games myself and shown signs of improvements. I enjoy the fun aspect of button timing and mind reading that involves psychology to react their movements.

Now I know there are several types of players that gets involved in fighting games. Whether you want to be competitive for pride, or go for the top to earn prize money and fame. I'm the type that likes to play for fun, but also competitive at the same time. It's just in my gaming blood to be decent in a majority of games I play. I pick my fighters that fits my play type regardless on what tier list they are ranked.

I like to make a list of all the fighting games I used to play. I hope some of you readers out there also plays fighting games too. You are more than welcome to play a few rounds with me on PS3. I still use my old name on there: "Sweatdrop".

Blazblue Continuum Shift

Ragna the Bloodedge - Main
Hazama - Sub

Blazblue is the only fighting game that I enjoy the story, fighting system, and best of all: the characters. With that combined, it has made me become a huge fan of the series. I picked Ragna caused I got very familiar with his combos quickly. Back in Calamity Trigger, I've watched a ton of nicovideos where I watched them use Ragna effectively. Hazama is a unique character that I wanted to try out when he released in CS. I don't have much mixups as Ragna, but from what I've seen in CS2, he's gotten a lot better. Ragna receives some downgrades in CS2, but his dead spike (Deatu Spiku) has become useful now. What's funny is that for the first time, I don't have a single female fighter that I'm using in Blazblue. But that will soon change once Platinum comes out.

Super Street Fighter IV

Makoto - Main
Guy - Sub

I admit, I didn't care for SF4 when it first came out. But with Super Street Fighter 4, they released more rosters that made me come back to this game again. I never played with Makoto in SF3, but somehow I've grown attached to her play style. She may have the worse movement in the game, but her dashes are the best. She has a ton of offensive options, but that only becomes possible if I can get close to my opponent. She's not praised as much, but when AE2 comes out, she will receive some new buffs that I'm going to enjoy using. I can't say I've used Guy much, but I like his air grabs that does a ton of damage. I have a friend that I go to his house sometime on the weekend where we get fierce at this game. So that's another reason why I try to get better. Our skill levels are equal so it never gets dull between us. Another important thing I appreciate in SSFIV is that you don't have to wait until your opponent finishes their lengthily 40-hit combo that discourages you from waiting until you can get back up again.

Arcana Heart 3

Lilica Felchenerow - Main
Saki Tsuzura - Sub

I'm new to the series so I skipped out more of the basic elements of the game. Fresca got me into this game, and I'm loving it. It's the most fast pace fighting game I've played yet. I selected Lilica because her combos are easy to work with along with several mixup combos. I haven't played Saki much, but that's because the game hasn't released in the US yet. I've only played the Japanese version to get familiar with the game. It is said that it's coming to the PSN to download around Spring this year. Standby-Angel, Fight!

Dead or Alive 4

Kokoro - Main
Hitomi - Sub

I used to play this game a lot when the Xbox 360 first came out. The hot fighters is not the only reason I used to play this game, but the fighting system had a risky counter system that I abused quite a lot. Button mashers will get punished if they repeat the same combo, so I always track down their moveset and punish them with a counter that does a ton of damage. Kokoro is new to DoA4 and I like her move sets that I decided to main her. Hitomi was new in DoA3 so I gotten to play with her often before this game came out. If DoA5 were to make an announcement for release, they would be awesome. DoA is the only game where I can play online with no hesitation.

Soul Calibur 4

Talim - Main
Seong Mi-Na - Sub

I can't say too much about why I picked these two characters since I rarely can remember. I enjoyed this game at the time when it was released. Talim was my favorite in SC2 so that's pretty much why I still main her. Seong Mi-Na is my sub simply because... she's Korean.

Samurai Shodown V Special

Nakoruru - Main
Rimururu - Sub

The series really went downhill by losing what made it popular back then. I don't want to talk about how bad the latest Samurai Shodown Sen was. Back when I was a kid, I played this game in the arcades when it became as popular as Street Fighter 2 at the time.

Tekken 6

Lili - Main
Hwoarang - Sub

The only reason I use Emilie De Rochefort is because I think she's hot haha. But really, I've become quite good with her, and I still remember her 10-hit combo move even though I haven't played Tekken for so long. I used Hwoarang a lot back when Tekken 3 came out, but he's considered my sub. I not into Tekken all that much so you won't find me playing this game.



I have played Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 in the past few days, but since I'm still new to it, I haven't quite decided who I should main.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...