Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Totori


After playing through Atelier Rorona completely with every ending and trophies , I'm heavily looking forward to the next Playstation 3 title, Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland. The story on Totori will take place five years later after Rorona. From all the Atelier games, Totori is the 12th installment of the series.

In case you have never heard of the series before, the term "Atelier" is the french word for "Workshop". So from that term, it heavily focuses on customized item creations, but there will be battles too. It's a Japanese RPG developed by Gust that works on Atelier and Ar Tonelico series. I just happened to become acquainted with Gust this year after playing through a couple of their titles so far.


Meet Totooria Helmold, or Totori as preferred. This fragile girl lives in a fishing village that's learning about alchemy. Without going too deep with the story and to save the surprises for myself, Totori's mother has been missing for awhile so she sets off on a journey to learn the truth behind her whereabouts. She will also need to acquire upgrades on her adventurers license to expand her exploration areas.


Synthesizing is the main core of this game. It may sound like a drag, but it becomes really addicting.


This is your turn-based fighting system. It's a huge upgrade from the previous Rorona title.


So this is a Hom mini-me? The male version seems innocent looking, so I wonder what the female version would look like.


Whoa what's with that sulky look on her face?!


Yep, it's a Pokemon.


Hmm not a good start for first impressions Totori-chan.


Damn, Sterk from Rorona has evolved his looks. Looks like a love-triangle could bound to happen.

The game is pretty laid back compared to Rorona from what I've researched so far. The game does run on a time-limit, but the deadline gives you plenty of room for exploration. The game will definitely have plenty of humor and innuendos for sure. I absolutely like the game's CG illustrations, and the vivid graphics to appreciate more on this game.

The English version is set to release this week. The shipping date has been delayed which is a disappointment, but I'll have to deal with it. I'm gambling right now on Gamefly to have enough copies to ship this game to me in my mailbox. If not, I may have soar across multiple game stores hoping they will have extra copies left without having to pre-order. If they have the Premium Pak available, I might fork $10 extra for it.

And of course, this will be played on my Justin.TV/Twitch.TV channel. Feel free to stop by to see how the game looks. Once I get my hands on this game, my life is over, for now.

3 comments:

Looks like a great game, really wish I had the time for another RPG but I've got too many games I need to finish as is lol. Looking forward to the cast, Rich~

Although I get the sneaking suspicion that this game will wind up in my collection within due time....a curse upon you JRPGs! >.<

Oh it'll be in your collection. Whether it's now or later. I'm staring at my GameQ list on Gamefly to see if they are going to ship it today.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...