Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cooking with Rich - Cashew Chicken

I'm back with another segment of Cooking with Rich. I'll be preparing a Chinese dish called Cashew Chicken that's very simple to make. There are many different ways of preparing this dish, but I've taken an easier method that still turns out to be delicious in the end. So I treat this as my own version of how I prepare Cashew Chicken.

There are different ways on how to cook the chicken and what kind of sauce to add to the recipe. The biggest essential for my recipe is hoisin sauce that delivers exceptional taste to this dish. Without the sauce, it'll taste very bland and it won't satisfy your appetite either.

My Ingredients
- Mushrooms
- Onions
- Broccoli
- Garlic
- Cashews

Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Chinese Rice Wine


First, I'll have all the ingredients chopped up that will be ready to throw into the frying pan.


I've thawed out several chicken breasts and cut them into smaller pieces.


On a separate pan, roast the cashews for a bit that will be added together with the main dish towards the end.


Add a good amount of oil and heat up the main frying pan.


Add finely chopped garlic to the pan and once it's roasted, then it's ready to add the chicken.


Add the chicken first and cook it for a couple of minutes.


Add the rest of the ingredients together and sprinkle Chinese rice wine to give it flavor. Then stir so the wine will spread around evenly.


Let it cook a bit more and then add hoisen sauce thoroughly.


Notice how the texture has changed after adding hoisen sauce to it. Let it cook a bit longer until you feel that it's ready to serve.


Add the roasted cashews on top of the dish and it's finally done.


You'll need fresh white rice to go together with this meal.


To add a new style to this dish, I pack the rice into a small bowl like this, and then flip it over quickly on top of the plate so it'll look like a small rock.


Ready to serve. Anybody want a sample?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...