Monday, May 23, 2011

Bulgogi

I consider Bulgogi the best Korean meal ever. Our family has invited many guest over to our house to try it out and we always receive positive feedback from them. You can use meats such as pork or chicken, but beef is the preferable choice. The meat is marinated first before grilling on a portable stove that's commonly used to cook Bulgogi, especially in restaurants.

The dish is usually served with lettuce (I use red leaf lettuce) to wrap the meat and other ingredients inside for a refreshing taste. Since I have it prepared today, I'll share an example on how I eat it.


I  have leftovers of Bulgogi already marinated so it's ready to cook right away. I don't have a portable stove, so I'll cook it on the frying pan instead.


I have the meal prepared on the table and I'm ready to dig in. Starting from the top, there's kimchi, red pepper paste, white rice, bulgogi, and red leaf lettuce.


Step 1) Place a small portion of rice in the center of the lettuce. If you put too much rice, you may not be able to eat it without spilling anything out that will leave a mess.


Step 2) Add red pepper paste and kimchi on it next. You can add other ingredients too, but I don't have any of them prepared now.


Step 3) Add meat on top of it. You are done adding ingredients and ready to eat.


Step 4) Now start from the edge of the lettuce and work your way to form it into a ball the best you can without spilling the ingredients out from it. Then stuff the whole thing down in your mouth and enjoy chewing the best sensation food you have ever tasted.


You don't have to use lettuce to enjoy this meal. You can eat it just like this too.


I took this picture when my family prepared Bulgogi for me on my birthday recently. This is really what you can expect to see when eating this meal.


They even serve Bulgogi burgers at fast-food places, and I happen to have eaten it before at McDonalds. Just imagine eating a burger with marinated sauce and flavor. Very delectable~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...