Thursday, August 25, 2011

Weekly Pangya Update #34





Although both Korea and Japan handled Nell's event a bit differently, Global will obviously take Korea's side. The crystal drops should replicate Korea's event where it'll drop on Hole 6, 12, and 18. It seems that the newest drop events will be using this kind of fixed system to encourage players to play. Or so I thought when you read the next line.


I wasn't surprised when I saw this. Other servers costs 100,816 pangs for each crystal which is very steep compared to a mere $.30 each or $2.00 for 10 of them. Buying these crystals from the shop won't give much incentive to play, but at least it'll save you some time if you don't like spending time earning them the hard way.


The description says, "In Pangya Shop we see Cut-Ins, Comets, Animation Accessories, Enchanted Elemental Crystals, and new outfits!" I'm sure they meant the discounted price on outfits instead of new outfits. Do note that both of Nell's Summoner Earrings and Cut-in will remain in the shop permanently.


The ranking system has come back that has been out of commission for many many years. Other servers did get theirs eventually and Global will be getting the same treatment. Since they finally fixed that, there are other modes that leaves us pondering if it'll come back. As for Ghost mode, would you guys miss it if they never bring it back? I probably would miss it for the sole purpose of finding someone's ghost that starts on a hole where I can gather data easier.


If you like to get technical on how to improve your rank, then have fun.


Nell receives the Summoner Earrings where every character will finally have their own animation items. There's only a single earring in the shop rather than other different kinds. As usual, the effect will remain the same as any other.





Japan's next Gacha will be the Tribe Costumes for Azer, Max, Kooh, Kaz, Lucia, and Nell. The theme revolves Azer as the tribe's chief and both Kooh and Kaz are hunters set to collect food. Lucia's appearance may be the resemblance of the chief's daughter, but I'm going to stop right there.


It's nothing too major, but it's also not that bad either. You have to think how much details can be limited on their old game engine way back in 2004. It's not a set I would gamble for, but I may like to buy Kooh's set on Korea if the price is good. Other than that, it gives players a break from all the money spent on those swimsuits. Also, I do not see any bonuses on the amount of tries you play on this set either.


While Global calls it Summoner Earrings, Japan wants to name it Magic Pierce. Makes me wonder what Korea will call it when it arrives next week.


Other Notices


I was surprised they decided to go with an ominous theme for Nell's new item. I figured they would have placed something rather adorable instead to keep that "cute" theme going. Nell's earrings does have a major influence towards the latest and darker storyline on Pangya United.

Nell's new tee entrance looks very dramatic, but I am a bit disappointed that the Alba/HiO animation is the exact same, but in a different twist. It looks as if Nell was manipulated that explains why Nell is floating during that animation scene. It still doesn't explain why Nell has to make Pepper disappear though. I do have an idea behind Pepper's torturing that I like to express it through a comic that I'll do sometime next week.


This so-called evil creature that seems to manipulate Nell's movement may actually be the Demon Lord itself. Just look at the filename and you'll see the name clearly. When you think about it, it does make sense since the sealed core were split in two where one side is Nell and the other half is the Demon Lord.

Korea's bi-weekly update schedule means that no earrings for Nell this week, so I'll have to wait next week to get them. In the meantime, I picked an appropriate music for Nell so I can finalized my Motion Item playlist on my YouTube channel.


Thailand server has their own voice clubs (Pepper's Clubs) for Nell. And no, it's not the clubset version from the crystal event. The order it plays starts with Bungya, Tee Entrance, Win, Lose, Powershot, D. Powershot, Par, Birdie, Eagle, Alba/HiO, Bogey, D. Bogey, O.B. (Thailand Nell is whiny lol)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...