Thursday, January 6, 2011

Riviera: The Promised Land OST


The soundtrack is composed by Minako Adachi. I don't think Riviera received as much attention as it deserved. I find this music very impressive to put it up as my first "Music" post here. The lead character Ein will explore through many dungeons surrounded by a group of females to tag along. Sounds interesting already? The game was first produced for the Wonderswan hand-held console. The game was later introduced to the Game Boy Advanced, and an upgrade remake made its way to the Playstation Portable. So the music has been rearranged and rerecorded for each release of the game. The music version I'm going to review is from the PSP version.


So I'll explain how this "music" section works. I'll introduce a little bit about the game first, and then I'll pick a few of my recommended songs for you to listen to and I'll explain my viewpoints on each of them. If you like what you hear, there will be a link that you can download the whole soundtrack. I listen to video game music all the time, especially RPG music. So you can expect to see and hear more of my recommended music that I'll be posting every now and then. I sometimes even listen to these as I play Pangya too.


Battle with the Evil Family
This is one of this game's battle theme song. You can hear how it builds up the tension from the first part, and then it lets loose with the guitar. It keeps a steady beat to keep you heated up in battle. As always, every RPG has to have a catchy battle music and this one delivers.


Tetyth, the Underwater City
This is played while exploring one of the dungeons. Again, it's very upbeat just like the first song above.


Infernos Battle
Now on to the last song sample. Sounds like something from a boss battle right? It definitely is and you can tell by listening how it's presented. Especially the opening part that you feel like something grand is about to happen. The song presentation does well to let you know you are faced against a strong opponent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...