Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Prinny 2 Review


After completing the first Prinny game on the PSP, I was ready to take on their second game that came out this month. In the first game, they had to find the ingredients to make the ultra dessert, and now someone stole Etna's... panties. I am proud to say that I've beaten both of these games and it was no easy task. But in the end, it felt like an accomplishment as a gamer to challenge myself on how much I've improved. I usually don't play difficult games, but thanks to the charming Characters from Disgaea, I was able to immerse myself in their fantasy world.

At first I thought Prinny 2 was going to turn out easy after seeing all the new additions of adding in a new "Baby Mode" for one more extra health, and placing baby blocks to prevent you from falling. Then there's "Break Mode" to unleash special attacks and it'll even do minor damage toward bosses without having them stunned. But don't be fooled by these new additions though, because the challenge is still there stronger than before.

Since I've played both Prinny games and finished the main stories, I might be able to provide some tips for you to think about.

First, it might help to start facing off harder difficulty areas when it's daytime. Because each stage you finish, the sky will get dark, and the darker it gets, the more difficult it becomes. This effects not only the bosses, but also the stage layout too to make it more painful.

Secondly, the best way to face against any boss is to remember their pattern. The pattern of when they move, and when they strike is the moment you take the initiative to counterattack. This is what I've done, and it's the best method on defeating them. Harder bosses will take some time to remember since their patterns can become quite complex to keep up with.

But, some of the patterns reacts to your actions, while some are set to perform their own fixed actions no matter what you do. So for example at the start of the boss fight, if you were to move away from them they will perform Attack A while if you attack them head on, they will perform Attack B, and so forth. In that situation, it's best to find a pattern that works well for you and try to remember all the steps needed to defeat them. You've got 1,000 Prinnies to use them as guinea pigs.

So did Prinny 2 turned out better than the first game? I think the best question would be if the game is harder than the first. I did find it harder, and instead of having 3 lives in the first game, you are only given 2. The bosses are entertaining and full of comedy, but it's one of those feelings that you love em' but you hate em' at the same time. You'll understand the feeling.

This game is still fun for it's challenge, but I don't recommend it to most people either. If you have a short temper, you might want to pass on this game before you end up having to buy another PSP. But don't let that intimidate you, I'd say give it a try and see. If your like me that doesn't know when to give up, you should definitely try this game out to test your patience.


Prinny 1 Gameplay on JTV
I have no clue what happened to the archives since it's not in order or something. This was during the time where I had some internet issues where the stream ended up lagging. However, I got that taken care of for the second Prinny game where you'll see me play from the beginning to the end.
1 2

Prinny 2 Gameplay on JTV
Now this one has everything that I've done in this game. I did at one point quit during the final boss because of many reasons. 1: I just fought about 4 very strong bosses in a row. 2: My right thumb hurted like hell for playing about 5 hours straight that night. 3: It was around 3 in the morning. But the next morning, I wasn't going to give up so I headed right back to where I stopped and beaten that final boss for good. What an accomplishment.
1 2 3 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...