Sunday, January 9, 2011

Korean Ramyeon

Did you know that Ramen is actually pronounced Ramyeon in Korea? Most Korean Ramyeon are very spicy that I sometimes find it too hot. I also don't prefer slurping on noodles while my nose is running like a waterfall either. It can be very basic to make, or you can add up some ingredients to give it more taste. Not only it's good, but it's very cheap too, even in restaurants. I've handpicked a few of my favorite Korean noodles that I would like to share. I only eat the ones out of the pack though, but I still find it delectable.

I remember the day before I was going back to America, my Nuna took me to this place that served many different kinds of Ramyeon. The whole menu was nothing but noodles! I can't remember exactly what they have, but I did order something called Cheese Ramyeon. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it turned out to be the best Ramyeon I have ever had. I don't remember what it looked like right now, but it looked delicious and it did taste delicious.

Alright so back to my noodles. I usually buy a pack to fix at home. I have three different kinds right now that I like to go over real quick.


Chapagetti is not your typical ramen noodles that most of you are familiar with. Well that's because it's not really Ramyeon. Not to be confused with the Chapagetti brand name shown on the pack, but it's actually called Ja-Jang-Myeon. It's really popular in Korea and I like it more than Ramyeon. That thick sauce you might be wondering about is black soybean paste. The most common ingredients to accompany it are raw sliced onions, and diced meat. It may look disgusting, but your looking at something you've never seen before so why adventure your taste buds and give it a shot if you come across it.


I love beef flavored noodles. I sometimes get those dirt cheap Maruchan beef flavor ramen, but I find it way too salty for my taste. This one has the right balance where the heavy sodium doesn't take much of an impact than those cheap imitations. So if you ever want some damn good Ramyeon, I recommend this.


This is another Ramyeon pack that I got last week. I figured I wanted to try something different so I picked up this mild spice Ramyeon pack. First of all, it wasn't all that spicy and it lacked taste compared to Samyang beef flavored noodles. That's not to say it's terrible, it's just that I've had something that tasted even better that I much prefer than this.

So if you know any international or Korean grocery stores around your area, you'll definitely find these same exact ones that you've just seen. In fact, I'm going to have some Ramyeon right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...