Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My most anticipated games of 2011


Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood!
Release date: January 2011
Excitement level: High
Likelihood to broadcast: High
Someone stole Etna's...panties...so it's up to 1,000 Prinnies to go and find it. I've played and casted the prequel of this game about two years ago, but I never finished it. I'm sure I was close to finishing it, but it will be better to start over from the beginning. The second prinny game is coming out soon so I'm working on finishing up the first game as we speak.



Little Big Planet 2
Release date: Jan 18 2011
Excitement level: Average
Likelihood to broadcast: Average
I like the concept of Little Big Planet, it's very relaxing to play and has a ton of replay value. Imagine the game solely depends on the online community. It's a wonderful and unique idea where we get to see the creative ideas from people who are not game developers at all. It just goes to prove that we can make a game fun without contributing too much time. I won't get it on release date, but maybe at a later time. If anybody want to join with me, just give me your psn name.


Hyperdimension Neptunia
Release date: Feb 15 2011(?)
Excitement level: Very High
Likelihood to broadcast: Very High
I've play a little bit of the Japanese version. I like the idea of stringing together your own combos and you can even name your combos however you like. The visuals are very well done and flashy, especially the battle system. I like how most of the sound effects feels like my speakers are going to explode. According to the ESRB, it contains a lots of toilet humor and oppai references. Sounds good to me.


Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Release date: Mar 15 2011(?)
Excitement level: Very High
Likelihood to broadcast: Very High
Just like Neptunia, I've played a little bit of the Japanese version of this game. It uses hymn that goes really well with this series since the songs play an important role in Ar Tonelico. The game mixes a bit of timed rhythm battle system, dating sim, crafting, and a RAH system to "dive" inside your singer to uncover more hidden powers within them. Did I forget to mention that the less clothes your singer wears in battle, the stronger they become? Oh my.


Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
Release date: Mar 2011
Excitement level: High
Likelihood to broadcast: Average
I have to admit, this is a dream come true for all Final Fantasy fans. I don't consider myself a huge fan of the series, but I welcome this new addition that actually has a unique battle system unlike I've ever seen. It's visually breathtaking to watch and very engaging to where it's hard to pass this game up.


Arcana Heart 3
Release date: NA TBD/Jan 13 2011(JPN)
Excitement level: Average
Likelihood to broadcast: Read Below
I've suddenly gotten back into fighting games lately, mostly Blazblue Continuum Shift. Arcana Heart 3 is made from the same people that made Blazblue, so I should try this game out too. Depending on how this game plays out to me will determine whether I want to spend time getting competitive of this game, or not.


Valkyria Chronicles III: Unrecorded Chronicles
Release date: NA TBD/Jan 27 2011(JPN)
Excitement level: Very High
Likelihood to broadcast: Read Below
Judging from the demo I've played, it looks more promising than the second game. It has a darker atmosphere of the game which fits the game's theme cause this is a war game after all. The Character looks great, and I'm really looking forward to it with great expectations. When the Japanese game comes out, I won't hesitate to play a little of it to get an idea of how the full game handles, and then wait for the English version to come out hopefully before the end of this year.


Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2
Release date: NA TBD/Feb 3 2011(JPN)
Excitement level: High
Likelihood to broadcast: Very Low
I really love this type of game. It has engaging cases, solid character development, and memorable music. I was skeptical every time they make a new ace attorney game without Phoenix Wright as the main protagonist, but they do an excellent job with the changes where you won't miss the blue suit defense attorney much. If Edgeworth gets a second game, then I want the next Apollo Justice to step in. As for broadcasting, I must prefer playing this one alone in a quiet environment so I can concentrate on the game better, because there's going to be a lots of reading.


Rune Factory Oceans
Release date: NA TBD/Feb 24 2011(JPN)
Excitement level: Average
Likelihood to broadcast: Read Below
I've always been a fan of Harvest Moon games. When I first heard about Rune Factory using the same element of Harvest Moon with a mix of RPG monster fighting, I was a bit iffy about that idea. But to be honest, it actually turned out better than I thought. Also, the girls on Rune Factory series are more charming than the regular ones from Harvest Moon to me. I've enjoyed Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii, so I'm expected good things from Oceans.


Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2
Release date: TBD
Excitement level: High
Likelihood to broadcast: High
I remember playing the first Atelier Iris game on the PS2. Even though the PS2 version had outdated graphics, I liked the alchemy system to create items that can be used in battles. I didn't care much about Rorona for the PS3, but this one looks a whole lot better from all the Japanese video clips I've seen. There's no release date for America, but I'm pretty sure it should be out sometime this year.


BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II (PSP)
Release date: TBD
Excitement level: Average
Likelihood to broadcast: Very Low
While some of us are waiting for the CS II patch along with Platinum, they plan to release all of that on the PSP. The reason is said to expose more players into Blazblue which I think is a great idea. It'll also include some new modes like the Abyss mode, and new stories added too. It'll come out sometime this Spring in Japan.


The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Release date: TBD
Excitement level: Average
Likelihood to broadcast: Average
Well what I can say, it's Zelda. It seems that they will make full use of the motion controls a whole lot more than Twilight Princess where it was also released for the Gamecube version. So I guess you could say this title will be the official Zelda game made just for the Wii.


The Last Guardian
Release date: TBD
Excitement level: Average
Likelihood to broadcast: Average
I love the visuals, but wasn't sure if I'll get into the gameplay. After finishing Shadow of the Colossus, I started to get more interested in The Last Guardian. It's probably the most breathtaking visuals I've ever seen.

Here are a few mentionable games that I'll likely to play too whenever I get around to it:
Dead Space 2, The 3rd Birthday, F.E.A.R. 3, Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Comipo!, Catherine, Mortal Kombat, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...